Stripe Checkout for Sprout Invoices
The Stripe Payments Add-on for Sprout Invoices uses the Stripe.js to send sensitive credit card information securely over an SSL connection to the Stripe servers. The credit card fields will not be passed to your server and after a payment token is received the credit card fields are cleared as an extra pre-caution. More information about the integration can be found in the knowledgebase.
This can help you with some of the pieces needed to get your checkout PCI compliant 1. Even though this sensitive credit card information isn’t intentionally being sent via a non-SSL connection, we highly recommend also running SSL on your site 2, and in most cases SSL certificates are provided for free these days.
If you’re not familiar with Stripe please go check them out. They’re pretty awesome to work with as a developer, and as a customer they’re even better. The admin tools are easy to use and you’ll never get lost within their admin interface.
Stripe Payments for Sprout Invoices
By using Stripe Payments, you have access to some awesome features to compliment your invoicing and payment terms.
- Secure credit card payments via tokenized Stripe.js payments
- AJAX credit card validation
- Stripe Clients integration
- Option to disable stripe.js
- PCI compliance requires more than not storing credit card information. ↩
- There’s always a possibility of a MITM attack if your site is not running SSL, there’s an SEO benefit and most hosting providers install them for you cheaply. ↩