I was hoping that I would be writing about Sprout Invoices 8.0 but there have been a few set-backs getting the Line Item Types feature completed, primarily because the priority is to get it right instead of just getting it done. Don’t worry though, you can expect to see version 8.0 of Sprout Invoices the first week of August. Here’s a sneak peak of what to expect…if you have any recommendations please let me know via support.
With that out of the way lets talk about some new add-ons in the Marketplace that I’m going to guess you missed out on knowing about.
The Auto Billing & Payment Profiles add-on integrates with Authorize.net CIM 1 to allow for you clients to store payment methods for future use. These payment profiles can be used by the client the next time they intend to pay for an invoice, or be used to automatically charge the client.
Auto Billing & Payment Profiles is going to be more of a platform for Sprout Invoices than an add-on. At the moment it allows:
- The client to store a credit card or checking account information as a payment profile with Authorize.net 2.
- The client can approve for you to automatically charge them.
- Admins can set to automatically charge a client after an invoice is created.
- Admin can attempt for an invoice to be paid automatically on the due date.
- Admins can manually attempt a payment with a single click of a button if the client has a payment profile saved.
- Clients can manage their saved payment profiles from a “dashboard” that is shown with a shortcode.
- Admins can manage clients credit cards: set default, and delete.
- New notifications for clients and admin.
More details on all of these points can be found here.
The add-on allows for the client to set a payment amount between the minimum deposit and the invoice’s balance. Also with a single line filter the ability for the client to make partial payments is possible.
Here are some use cases:
- Provides a way for those clients to pay in full instead of limiting their payment to the deposit amount, without making you change your invoice.
- Provides a way for your clients to pay more than the deposit.
- Allows for clients to make partial payments until their invoice is paid off.
The CM Sprout Invoice EDD Checkout Plugin is our first premium third-party add-on. It was built by creative minds to allow your clients to pay their invoice via the EDD checkout system and allows for payments to be broken down into several payments.
- Allow client to pay for an invoice with EDD checkout
- Supports breaking down the invoice into several payments
Learn more about this add-on from CMplugins.