Earlier this week I was able to decorate for Halloween ? (which is one of our favorite family holidays) with cobwebs everywhere inside and outside of the house, which is nice because I can ignore the real webs surrounding the outside of our house now. Why am I mentioning this? Well, before the latest release of Sprout Invoices there were admittedly a few cobwebs that were being ignored, including the Zapier integration and Recurring Invoicing. Two cornerstone features that simply needed a lot of attention for improvement, turns out a re-write for these were necessary.
Connect with over 500 Apps and Automate Workflows
Integrate with over 500 other apps around the web, including Quickbooks Online, Trello, and Woocommerce. A great example of this integration is creating a Basecamp project after an estimate is approved.
If you’re currently using Zapier please upgrade to the latest app (if not already migrated).
Recurring Invoices provides a way for you to generate invoices on a schedule, an important feature if you’re using Sprout Billings (since auto billing depends on recurring invoices).
The updates make it easier to manage your recurring invoices, even after the scheduled start. A lot of the work on recurring invoices in this release was done behind the scenes, with a complete re-write of the generation logic.
Other House Cleaning
Here’s a complete list of updates for v16 of Sprout Invoices:
- New: Zapier Support
- New: Recurring invoices re-write
- New: ApproveMe integration support for Default Theme
- New: Client set payments supoort for new Default Theme
- New: Allow to easily filter default line item
- New: Square support
- Updated: Subscription payments, new information
- Updated: PO, Localization
- Updated: Free version now necessary
- Fix: WooCommerce customer not logged in
- Fix: Payment terms display issue
- Fix: WooCommerce Checkout w/ Shipping
Happy Halloween! ??
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention…
— Sprout Apps (@_sproutapps) October 18, 2017